Two-Vehicle Crash on Hwy 441; Authorities Still Searching for Driver
It's a stretch of road that's seen its fair share of car wrecks.
But a two-vehicle crash on Highway 441 in Southwest Alachua County this afternoon was so violent it sent a truck into the water.
State troopers say a woman driving a Ford Explorer was going south on 441...slowing to turn into the median...but a Chevrolet pickup truck didn't stop. It hit the Explorer and raced off the road...and into the water.
The driver's body still hadn't been found when authorities called off the search last night.
Authorities say the search will resume sometime today.
The driver of the Explorer was taken to the hospital with what troopers say were non- life- threatening injuries.
- Two Adults, Four Kids Killed in Three Vehicle Crash
- Two Passengers Critically Injured In Vehicle Crash
- Authorities Continue Searching For Missing Dixie County Woman
- Authorities Searching For Suspects Who Raped An Ocala Woman
- Authorities Search For Missing Teen Mother
- Authorities Search for Suspect in Convenience Store Robbery
- Ocala Man, 18, Dies in Single-Vehicle Crash
- 6-vehicle Crash Leaves at Least One Person Dead
- 6-Vehicle Crash Leaves One Person Dead
- Driver's Beware Roam Towing Is Still In Effect