UF Veterinary Center Looking to Help More Four-Legged Friends
Starting this month, the "Small Animal Rehab and Fitness Center" is opening appointments for people who have injured cats and dogs.
Previously, the center only saw in-house patients from UF's Veterinary Medical Center. A number of exercises and different types of equipment are used during the rehab process.
"It's really starting to pick up all over the country and all over the world," said the center's director Kristin Kirkby. "I think surgeons, owners, all practitioners are starting to realize the importance of it."
For more information on the rehab and fitness center click here.
- Ask a Vet: Holidays Treats For Your Four-Legged Friends
- UF Veterinary School Helps Endangered Sea Turtles
- Man says he was looking for missing friend when he found dead body
- More Monkeys arrive at Jungle Friends Primate Sanctuary
- Four Schools Offer Free After School Program
- Young girl sells pig to help friend suffering from cancer
- Paws on Parole helps one man find a new best friend
- Victim Robbed as He Tried to Help a Friend
- Friends Host Fundraiser To Help Injured Teen
- City looking into company's roam towing practices