Air Boat Debate Still Making Noise in Alachua County
A debate over restricting air boats is still making noise. .. but not a lot was accomplished at Tuesday's Alachua County commission meeting.
Commissioners agreed to reword the proposed ordinance and review it again in a month.
For one thing, they want a provision that allows air boats to be used at night for emergencies.
Many residents near Orange Lake complained about air boat noise...and the commission considered restricting air boaters from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.
But many boaters say...that would have a negative impact on alligator hunting and boating businesses...which brings a lot of money into the county.
- Two Years Later, Alachua County's Airboat Noise Ordinance Goes Unenforced
- Debate Number Two for The Next Alachua County Sheriff
- Alachua County School Board Debates Implementing School Uniforms
- Turkey Creek Residents Take Biomass Noise Concerns to Alachua City Commission
- Alachua County Commission Makes Final Choice for County Manager
- Still No Decision on Alachua County Airboat Ban
- Alachua County Commissioners Make a Choice about CHOICES
- Alachua County Commissioners Make Two Big Decisions
- Airport Noise Study Released
- Neighbors Speak Out About Excessive Noise Around Dunnellon Airport