"Breast Cancer Awareness Month" Kicks Off
Breast cancer is nothing to celebrate, but surviving it is.
Millions of women are marking today as the beginning of "Breast Cancer Awareness" month.
It's the 25th year for celebrating it.
One in eight women will detect breast cancer at some point in their lifetime. For those who have survived, they credit early detection and advances in medicine, like digital mammography. And they say the experience has made them stronger.
- 5th Grader "Citizens of the Month" Tour City of Gainesville
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Doctors Say Mammograms Still the Best Method for Early Detection
- Medical Spotlight: Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Your Health: Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
- Your Health: Colon Cancer Awareness Month, Screening Rates Still Low
- Prostate Cancer Awareness Month
- Pet Cancer Awareness Month
- "Bulls For Boobs" Rodeo for Breast Cancer
- "Kick Off For a Cure" for Cystic Fibrosis This Saturday