Community Gathers for Tribute to Alachua General Hospital
People from across North Central Florida all came together to express their gratitude for a place that has helped so many.
A large portion of the thanks went to everyone who has worked at Alachua General Hospital over the years.
"It represents everybody in this community," said Beverly Wurts, who's worked at AGH for 43 years. "It's been the community hospital for years, and years, and years. And not only the community hospital, it's been the hospital for multiples counties."
Bricks from the building were also handed out and people could leave messages on one of the lobby walls.
"Every day we touch the souls and lives of the patients that we take care of," said Critical Care Director Harvey Norton. "Health care begins by touching the souls, and this happens at this institution. AGH has been a part of our soul; we're very happy to be here."
Shands AGH will close on Nov. 1.
- Residents gather at Community Pride Center
- Piano festival tribute for patients in hospital
- Community Paid Tribute to Fallen Firefighters
- Hundreds Gather at a Local Jewish Community Center For The Start Of Passover
- Friends, Family, and Colleagues Gather To Honor Community Leader at Retirement Party
- Community gathers for girl in need of heart transplant
- Crowds Gather to Rally Against Standardized Tests
- Community Hospital Working to Repair Reputation
- Community Gathers to Remember Charlie & Braden Powell
- Community Immunity: Flu Shots