Gainesville Bank Robbed; Thief Still on the Loose
Gainesville Police are on the trail of a thief who robbed a bank Wednesday afternoon in Northwest Gainesville.
It happened at the Sunstrust Bank on the corner of Northwest 43rd Street and 39th Avenue.
Authorities say a man walked into the Suntrust Bank around 4 p.m.
He handed the teller note demanding money. he said he had a gun but the teller never saw it. She gave him the money and he left on foot. No one is hurt but he is still on the loose.
The suspect is a white man about six feet tall and 180 lbs. He was wearing glasses, a flannel shirt and blue jeans.
He has brownish gray hair. Authorities say he left the bank heading south toward the business complex behind it.
Helicopters from both the Alachua County Sheriff's Office and the police
If you have any information call the Gainesville Police Department.
- Santa Claus Thief Robs SunTrust Bank
- Armed Woman Robs Bank in Marion County
- Man Wanted on Columbia Embezzling Charges Arrested After Robbing Ocala Bank
- Millhopper Suntrust Bank Robbed
- Police: Tampa Man, 73, Robs Three Banks To Pay Mortgage
- Ocala Bank is Robbed
- Bear that Killed Goats Still on the Loose
- Attempted Rapist Still on the Loose
- Students Stand Against Rape As Suspect In UF Attacks Still On The Loose
- Wanted Man Still On The Loose