Grassroots $2009 Challenge
It's hard to imagine buying a reliable car for $2,009 let alone race that car. But that is what teams did today at the Tenth Annual Grassroots Motorsports 2009 Challenge. Grassroots Motorsports Magazine hosted the event. People from all over the nation showed up to race their roadsters.
Each group had to develop and assemble the race cars under a strict budget. The cars were judged in three divisions including appearance, autocross and drag racing. The results will be combined to name the winner. Winners will be awarded trophies for different categories. You can still see the drag racing competition on Saturday at the Gainesville Raceway from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Bone Marrow Grassroots Campaign Visiting UF
- Eat Local Challenge Promotes Local Economy
- National Challenge Encourages Local Shelter To Save Lives
- Canned Goods Challenge Kicks Off
- Marsh Supporters Challenge Election Results
- Few Challengers To State Attorneys on Ballot
- Five Eastside High School Students Win Nasa's Student Astronaut Challenge
- Florida Football Challenged Once Again to Stop Steve Spurrier's Offense
- Governor Scott Issues "Affordability Challenge" to State Colleges
- 31 People Complete 24-Hour Endurance Challenge