Jail Drug Smuggle Attempt Fails
Three people are charged today after trying to smuggle drugs into the Columbia County Detention Facility (Jail).
The three were arrested Saturday, and according to Columbia County deputies, they conspired to sneak prescription narcotics into the facility.
Two of the three, David Ritch and Walter Allen, were already in the jail. The third, Maryellen Rose, was arrested Saturday at her home.
Deputies say Allen and Rose conspired to get the illegal substances into the jail and used Ritch to take the drugs and pass them along.
Allen and Ritch remain locked up. Rose was released on bail.
- Failed Arson Attempt in Waldo Investigated
- Drug Court an Alternative to Jail Time for Some Offenders
- A Scheme to Score Prescription Drugs Lands a Couple in Jail
- 15 People in Jail After Three Drug Busts
- Local Man Pleads Guilty to Dino Smuggling
- Smuggled Dinosaur Skeleton Returned to Mongolian Government
- Fla. Man Sentenced In Plot To Smuggle Turtles
- Gainesville Man Charged With Smuggling Dinosaur Fossils Released on Bail
- I'll Have Another Faces Test Of Champions, Ghosts of Failed Triple Crown Attempts
- Statewide Wage Theft Bill Fails, Paving the Way for Alachua County's Ordinance