"Lose For Good" & Donate For The Holidays
They are eating less, so others can eat more.
Seven weeks ago, Weight Watchers kicked off its second annual "Lose for Good Campaign"; A challenge for its members to lose weight, get healthy and help those in need. One Gainesville chapter did all three.
Members at the Thornebrook Center lost a combined 3,100 pounds. Now, they're giving back to help families who are financially strapped.
On Thursday all the food collected during the seven weeks was brought to the Bread of the Mighty Food Bank. From there, the food will be distributed to various organizations which will then hand out the food to families.
The Thornebrook location was just one of over 3,000 chapters that took part in the challenge. As members lose weight Weight Watchers will donate up to one million dollars to two national hunger fighting charities.
Watch the video to the right to find out more.
- Weight Watchers Plan to "Lose for Good"
- Getting Down & Dirty For A Good Cause...
- Weekend Hunger Backpack Program Seeking Holiday Donations
- "Good Samaritan" food drive for Evergreen Elementary School families
- Outlier K9 Foundation: Rescuing, training & donating dogs
- Students/Community Honor Victims of 9/11 with "Good Deed" Marathon
- "He was a good kid"
- Teenager Loses Eye after a "Brutal" Attack
- "Sweet" Fundraiser Benefits Dance Marathon & Shands Hospital for Children
- "5 Points of Life" Marathon & Relay