Rubio vs. Crist
Latest fundraising reports suggest former House Speaker Marco Rubio is now a viable contender against Charlie Crist in the GOP primary for the US Senate. Rubio reports almost one million in the last three months. Crist raised 2.4 million. Rubio's million dollar quarter has put him on the map. While Rubio's fundraising still trails Crist's by at least a four to one margin, a million dollar quarter gives Rubio ability to raise even more cash.
GOP Party chair Jim Greer and the National Senatorial campaign has personally endorsed Crist. The state GOP refused comment for this story.
The 38-year-old Rubio was featured on the cover of the conservative National Review as a rising star of the right. He will try to use Crist's appearance with Barack Obama against him.
Crist remains the most popular politician in Florida, which means Rubio has his work cut out for him.
- Rubio Defeats Crist, Meek in U.S. Senate Bid
- Clinton Leads Bush, Rubio in Florida Poll
- Rubio Discusses Impact of Affordable Care Act on Businesses
- Marco Rubio Makes Campaign Stop In Gainesville
- Rubio Makes Campaign Stop In Ocala
- Marco Rubio speaks in Lake City
- Charlie Crist Comes to Town
- Crist proposes tuition reform
- Governor Crist on McCain's List For The Vice Presidential Slot
- Gov. Crist Announces Senate Replacement