Second NOBLE Meeting Held Wednesday
A second meeting took place Wednesday at the Gainesville Police Department offering citizens a chance to express their feelings about GPD.
The comments came before a panel representing "The National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives" or NOBLE. The group was brought in by Gainesville City Manager Russ Blackburn to review GPD's policies and practices.
Police Chief Tony Jones said more meetings will hopefully continue even after NOBLE submits its recommendations.
"I would like to have more meetings that are initiated by the Gainesville Police department and citizens alike so that we have dialogue and a great understanding and appreciation of each other," said Jones.
The final report from NOBLE is expected in December.
- Debris From Debby Continues to Plague Live Oak Streets
- Funeral Services For FHP Trooper Chelsea Richard Being Held Thursday
- Barbecue Festival Held To Raise Scholarship Money For Students
- Candelight Vigil Held To Honor Former Gainesville Police Officer
- Funeral Held For Football Player Killed At Fla. Hotel
- Press Conference Held Today For Gainesville Shooting Spree
- Teen Held Captive in Starke?
- Man Held on Six Million Dollar Bond after Car Chase
- Three Women Held at Gunpoint in Home Invasion
- Rally Held for Horses Injected with Gasoline