Second NOBLE Meeting Held Wednesday
A second meeting took place Wednesday at the Gainesville Police Department offering citizens a chance to express their feelings about GPD.
The comments came before a panel representing "The National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives" or NOBLE. The group was brought in by Gainesville City Manager Russ Blackburn to review GPD's policies and practices.
Police Chief Tony Jones said more meetings will hopefully continue even after NOBLE submits its recommendations.
"I would like to have more meetings that are initiated by the Gainesville Police department and citizens alike so that we have dialogue and a great understanding and appreciation of each other," said Jones.
The final report from NOBLE is expected in December.
- Debris From Debby Continues to Plague Live Oak Streets
- Man Dressed as Rambo Arrested After Bar Shooting
- Moment of silence held in Gainesville following Ferguson verdict
- Starke Execution Scheduled Wednesday
- Debby Forces Some School Closures for Wednesday
- Weather Radio Wednesdays
- Marion County Pet Adoptions, Wednesday August 7, 2013
- Wednesday's Adopt-a-Pet Segment
- High Springs Fire Service Contract to End Wednesday
- Prez Candidate's Wife Comes to Gainesville Wednesday