Death toll stands at 51 in Moore, OK. Medical examiner told to expect at least 40 more bodies...20 of them children.
Still No Decision on Alachua County Airboat Ban
In a public meeting on Tuesday, the Alachua County Commission agreed to postpone a vote on an ordinance that would restrict airboats from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. They plan to discuss the issue again at next month's meeting.
Several county commissioners want the ordinance to be re-written to allow the use of airboats during emergencies.
The meeting also allowed several residents to voice their opinion on the issue. Some feel the airboats make too much noise at night, while others think the ban will hurt local boating and alligator hunting businesses. The video on the right of this page features the opinions of two residents who disagree on the matter.
- Burn Ban & Fireworks Ban Still in Effect in Marion County
- An Alachua County Budget Decision That Everyone Seems to Agree On...
- Alachua County Commissioners Make Two Big Decisions
- Gainesville Mayor Responds to Alachua County Decision
- Alachua County Staff Banned From Texting
- Air Boat Debate Still Making Noise in Alachua County
- County Airboat Curfew Proposal
- Alachua Co. Fire Ban
- County Commission Reverses Original Decision, Approves Archer Braid Trail Through Haile Plantation
- Decisions, Decisions, Decisions