Shooting at Arapahoe HS in Littleton just south of Denver; at least 2 shot.
"TXT 4 HELP" Program Aims to Help Teens in Crisis
National Safe Place is launching the "TXT 4 HELP" program later this week.
It's a 24-hour service that provides helpful information for youth in crisis.
Teens simply text the word "SAFE" and their location with the address, city and state to the number "69866." A message will be sent back listing the address of the nearest Safe Place site and contact information for the local youth shelter.
"Having this obstacle out of the way of being able to get to our program and get to services with us will hopefully from changing their mind and going ahead and make the move to seek services," said Cassandra McCray, Regional Coordinator for Interface Youth Program.
The "TXT 4 HELP" service will be available nationwide starting on Thursday.
- Gainesville Hero "I was trying to help"
- Family Spotlight 2/17/11 "Marriage Help"
- Program Aims to Change Views on Homelessness
- Alachua County Jail Program Saving Money and Aiming To Change Lives
- North Central Florida Abuse Crisis Programs Get Thousands in Stimulus Money
- Census Officials Aim for "Hard to Count" Populations
- Local Summer Program Hopes To Keep Teens Out Of Trouble
- New Program Helps At-Risk Students
- Weatherization Program Helps Floridians
- Mentoring Program Helps Local Children