Alachua Committee Against Brutality Protest Against Gainesville Police
Something more than legal action has come out of the riot during a party a week ago. The organization, Alachua Committee Against Brutality, was formed after members say police unprofessionally mishandled a large crowd and tasered a person. The group gathered at city hall Tuesday evening, claiming the five men arrested during the altercation, are victims of police brutality. Members feel the officers should be held accountable for their actions.
Lt. Keith Kameg, of the Gainesville Police Department says," The people from that crowd attacked the officers while they were attempting to make the arrest."
- Gainesville Officials Are Prepared If Zimmerman Verdict Protests Happen
- Deputies Respond To Claims Of Police Brutality
- Gainesville delivery man brutally attacked while delivering pizza
- Zimmerman Trial: Protesters Rally Against Verdict
- Residents Protest Against Violence in Venezuela
- Protesters Line Up in Front of Walmart to Fight Back Against "Union-Busting Tactics"
- Students Protest Against FBI Raids
- Teachers Protest as Tea Partiers Rally against Spending
- Statewide protest against bear hunting
- Gainesville Police Department Makes Big Prostitute Bust