Alachua County Staff Banned From Texting
Technology upgrades can be great, but for Alachua County, one form is becoming a burden. So for now, Alachua County staff are banned from using text messages to discuss county business. This goes for both county-issued cell phones and personal phones.
According to the states' open record law, the county could be asked to produce public records including text messages, but the county says it has no way to produce those records if they were requested.
- The Budget Impacts Staff and Inmates at the Alachua County Jail
- Florida Lawmakers Approve A Ban on Texting While Driving
- Almost No Citations One Month into Texting Ban
- Texting and Driving Ban Starts Oct. 1st
- Texting While Driving Ban Moves Forward
- Still No Decision on Alachua County Airboat Ban
- Drivers Have Mixed Reaction Towards Proposed Texting Ban
- Texting While Driving Ban
- National Texting and Driving Ban
- Alachua County Resident Get's A Big Gift from the County