American Civil Liberities Union vs. Alachua County School Board
The American Civil Liberties Union of Florida filed a lawsuit on behalf of the parents with the Dove World Outreach Center Monday against the Alachua County School district.
ACLU is stating that school administrators unlawfully censored students free speech on multiple occassions. In September, Faith Sapp was sent home from Talbot Elementary for wearing an Islam Is Of The Devil tee-shirts, along with 7 other students around Alachua county.
- Alachua County School Board to Approve Weeklong Thanksgiving Break
- Changes at the Alachua County School Board
- Alachua County School Board announces dedicated early learning center
- Alachua County School Board facing nearly $3 million deficit
- Alachua County school board to finalize SRO/SRD program contract
- School Board votes to close Waldo Community School
- Alachua County School Board Debates Implementing School Uniforms
- School Board Considers Longer Thanksgiving Holiday
- School board launches "System of Care"
- County Board Votes on Tax Exemption