Boy Recovers From Surgery, Faces Several More
He came all the way from Haiti for a series of complicated surgeries.
Now, 9-year-old Gesnel Seide is recovering from his second operation.
He has a rare condition on his hand called digital gigantism.
A missionary nurse from Palm Beach found him in Haiti.
She's since become his guardian and sought help from surgeons here in Gainesville.
Dr. Paul Dell says the boy's hand is so big, that it's even affecting his overall health.
"The issue is that it's almost a steal phenomenon where a lot of blood flow is being diverted from his whole body into the right upper extremity," Dell said.
Dell says the surgeries are going well, so far.
Gesnel faces several more.
The next one should happen in the next six months.
- KRUGER RECOVERING FROM HEART SURGERY
- Boy Returns to Gainesville for Special Surgery
- Keystone Heights Woman Recovers From H1N1 Virus
- New York Family Still Recovering from Starke Crash
- Local Woman Receives Grant from Weight Loss Surgery Foundation of America
- Gainesville Residents Clean Up Damage From Severe Storms
- MARION COUNTY MEN FACING MORE CHARGES
- Former Teacher Faces More Counts Of Sexual Assault
- Man Accused of Shooting at Deputy May Face More Charges
- Navy Ships Recover More than $95 Million in Drugs