Boy Returns to Gainesville for Special Surgery
Miriam Fredrick, a missionary nurse from Palm Beach, found Gesnel Seide in a small village in Haiti two years ago. He suffered from malnutrition, but that wasn't the only problem. He was born with a rare deformity on his hand called digital gigantism. Fredrick took him in and made it her mission to help him.
In January, Gesnel had his first surgery at Shands Hospital at UF. This week, he'll go in for a second. Fredrick says he faces at least a dozen surgeries.
- Boy Recovers From Surgery, Faces Several More
- A Special Wish Granted To 15-year-old Boy Brings Him To Disadvantaged Primates
- Kidnapped Boy Returned to Father
- Stolen Puppy Returned to Columbia County Boy
- Special Commission Meeting In East Gainesville
- Ladies Night Specials Violate Gainesville Discrimination Ordinance
- Gainesville Police Department's New Special Operations Unit
- Gainesville Students Return While Staff Step Up In Wake of Newtown Tragedy
- College Students Return to Gainesville
- Ring Lost in Hawaiian Reef Returns to Gainesville