Child Hurt In Gainesville School Bus Crash
A car crashed into a school bus carrying five students close to 2 p.m. today. The accident occurred at the intersection of Southeast 20th Avenue and Southeast 32nd Terrace in Gainesville.
The car was stopped at the intersection when the school bus was approaching. The driver of the car tried to make a right turn on Southeast 20th Avenue but did not see the school bus. The car pulled out into the bus' path, damaging its rear tires and rims. The bus was able to stop on the shoulder of Southeast 32nd Terrace.
The children on the school bus were between the ages of 5 and 11; one reported minor injuries. Alachua County Fire Rescue treated them on scene. No hospital visits were necessary.
View Bus Crash Ax in a larger map
- 12 Students Hurt in Putnam County School Bus Crash
- Child Killed in School Bus Crash in New Jersey
- FHP Investigates School Bus Crash in Bradford County
- Marion County School Bus Crash
- School Bus Crash Kills Woman
- Another School Bus Crash
- Alachua County School Bus In Crash, Minor Injuries Reported
- School Bus Crash
- Semi Crashes Into School Bus, Injures 10
- Child charged in bus fight rides same bus again