Cynthia Chestnut New Chair of Alachua County Commission
Someone new is handling the gavel at Alachua County Commission meetings. Chairman Mike Byerly stepped down yesterday, as his year-long term came to an end.
Cynthia Chestnut took his place. She was the vice chair. The new vice chair is Lee Pinkoson.
Chestnut says she has big plans for the commission in the coming months. Some of the issues she wants to address are economic development, particularly in the east Gainesville redevelopment project, and community health, with mobile health units and an initiative to fight childhood obesity.
- Alachua County Commission Advances Plans for New Mixed-Use Development
- Emotional Goodbye, Alachua County Commission Chair's Last Meeting
- County Holds First Veteran Referral Day
- Staff Recommends County Commission Deny Plum Creek Plan
- Oil Spill Commission Co-Chair Stopped in Gainesville
- Alachua County Commission Advances Wage Theft Ordinance
- County Commission Reverses Original Decision, Approves Archer Braid Trail Through Haile Plantation
- Alachua County Commission Votes to Keep Archer Braid Trail Out of Haile Plantation
- County Commission Votes in Favor of Budget Cuts to Community Agency Partnership Program
- County Commission Approves Interlocal Agreement