Cynthia Chestnut New Chair of Alachua County Commission
Someone new is handling the gavel at Alachua County Commission meetings. Chairman Mike Byerly stepped down yesterday, as his year-long term came to an end.
Cynthia Chestnut took his place. She was the vice chair. The new vice chair is Lee Pinkoson.
Chestnut says she has big plans for the commission in the coming months. Some of the issues she wants to address are economic development, particularly in the east Gainesville redevelopment project, and community health, with mobile health units and an initiative to fight childhood obesity.
- Emotional Goodbye, Alachua County Commission Chair's Last Meeting
- Alachua County Commission Advances Plans for New Mixed-Use Development
- Oil Spill Commission Co-Chair Stopped in Gainesville
- Alachua County Commission Makes Final Choice for County Manager
- Alachua County Sheriff Asks County Commission For More Money
- County Holds First Veteran Referral Day
- Law Enforcement Unions are NOT unified about the Alachua County Commission Elections
- Verbal Smackdown Inside Alachua County Commission Meeting
- Investigation into Alachua County Commission
- Alachua County Commission Votes to Keep Archer Braid Trail Out of Haile Plantation