Cynthia Chestnut New Chair of Alachua County Commission
Someone new is handling the gavel at Alachua County Commission meetings. Chairman Mike Byerly stepped down yesterday, as his year-long term came to an end.
Cynthia Chestnut took his place. She was the vice chair. The new vice chair is Lee Pinkoson.
Chestnut says she has big plans for the commission in the coming months. Some of the issues she wants to address are economic development, particularly in the east Gainesville redevelopment project, and community health, with mobile health units and an initiative to fight childhood obesity.
- Emotional Goodbye, Alachua County Commission Chair's Last Meeting
- Alachua County Commission Advances Plans for New Mixed-Use Development
- County Holds First Veteran Referral Day
- Oil Spill Commission Co-Chair Stopped in Gainesville
- Staff Recommends County Commission Deny Plum Creek Plan
- Gainesville High Social Studies Chair Named "Teacher of the Year"
- Democratic Chair Steps Down 'While Party is Strong'
- Alachua County Commission Advances Wage Theft Ordinance
- County Commission Reverses Original Decision, Approves Archer Braid Trail Through Haile Plantation
- Alachua County Commission Votes to Keep Archer Braid Trail Out of Haile Plantation