Fans Say Farewell to Jacksonville
By Sunday afternoon there were only a few groups of tailgaters left packing up their things, after a long weekend of fun. In "RV City" Gator fans, who had arrived days before, were among the last to leave.
"It's definitely not fun. Fun setting up, not tearing down," said Gator fan Greg Marion. "Everybody is tired, anxious to get back home."
"It wasn't as bad as in the past, said tailgater Ben Benischeck. "I can tell you this...I only saw one fight after the game."
Game day wasn't a busy time just for Florida and Georgia fans. Police said they arrested more than 250 people for underage drinking in Jacksonville. Law enforcement officers from Jacksonville and other agencies were out in full force around the stadium and at places like the landing and "RV City."
- Gator Fans Head to Jacksonville for Saturday Showdown
- A FINAL FAREWELL
- A New Beginning for One Jacksonville Family
- Deadly Shooting in Jacksonville School
- Heading to Jacksonville
- Postal Service Moving Processing and Distribution to Jacksonville
- Unhappy Florida Gator Fans
- Gator Fans Hit Miami
- BCS Fan Safety
- The Water Continues to Rise at Fanning Springs Park