Former GPD Officer May Lose Pension
A former Gainesville Police corporal turned convicted felon is fighting to keep his retirement benefits.
Bill Billings was convicted of lying about his hours at work and soliciting prostitutes while on the job.
In July, he was sentenced to two years probation.
This morning, a board of trustees for city law enforcement had a meeting about Billings retirement benefits.
The board decided to move forward with a formal hearing to determine if they should forfeit his pension.
So far, there is no set date for that hearing.
- Former GPD Officer's Voicemail Threat
- Former GPD Officer Sentenced in Prostitution Case
- GPD Loses Fingerprint Analysts
- Schools May Lose Chocolate Milk
- Levy County Teachers May Be Losing Jobs
- Former GPD Detective To receive Top Honor For Solving Crime
- New GPD Building Dedicated to Officers Who Made A Difference
- GPD Officer Saves Teen's Life
- Truck hits, critically injures GPD officer
- Newest "Officers" at GPD