Free meals from Bread of the MIghty
As many of you are enjoying your Thanksgiving Day dinner, area organizations got a head start earlier this week preparing Thanksgiving meals for hundreds of people in need.
Thousands of pounds of food were donated to different nonprofit organizations in North Central Florida including at the Bread of the Mighty Food Bank.
Workers and volunteers there coordinated this year's food drive by giving out dozens and dozens of free meals to those in need. Churches and charitable and social service organizations share food and basic essentials from Bread of the Mighty food bank and give to individuals and families they identify as needing assistance.
The Gainesville location serves a five-county area: food is distributed to Alachua, Dixie, Gilchrist, Layfayette and Levy counties.
Office hours runs Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 325 NW 10 Ave in Gainesville. Donations are accepted year-round and you can find more details here.
- Bread of the Mighty Backpack Stuff
- Bread of the Mighty Food Bank to Hold First Fundraiser in 25 years
- Bread of the Mighty Luncheon
- Kids Enjoy Free Meals
- Florida Free From No Child Left Behind
- Mighty Mini Horses Strut Their Stuff
- Meals On Wheels Feels Pain At Pump
- Marion County Meals on Wheels Struggling
- Downtown March Calls For More Meals at St. Francis House
- Fourth Graders Fed a Meager Meal