Free Smoke Alarm for Fire Safety
Gainesville Fire Rescue officials say space heaters can be dangerous- especially in mobile homes, where a fire can be fatal- engulfing the home in minutes. Heaters should be 3 feet from anything that can burn, and you should turn them off when leaving the room. According to the National Fire Protection Association, almost two thirds of reported fire home deaths in the past 3 years resulted in homes with no smoke alarms or no working smoke alarms.
As part of their smoke detector program, Gainesville Fire Rescue and Alachua County Fire Rescue will install a smoke detector in your home for free.
For more information, log onto www.gfr.org.
- UF- One Year Smoke Free
- Fire Assessment Fee Goes Up In Smoke
- Fires Cause Dense Smoke in NCF
- UPDATE: Debris Fire Continues to Burn, Smoke on 441
- Fire Safety Training From One Furry Friend
- Dog Teaches Children Fire Safety
- Fire Prevention Month Highlights Safety
- Firefighters Reminding Residents About Fire Safety
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Raises Safety Wreaths for the Holidays
- GFR Alarm