Gainesville Man Arrested for Animal Abuse
A Gainesville man is behind bars tonight after officers arrested him on animal abuse charges.
Officers say 26-year-old Melvin Shackelford's Great Dane was in such an emaciated state that all of its ribs, and rear tail and leg bones were clearly visible. A vet examined the rescued dog and says the animal was 50 to 60 pounds underweight, and the only cause is due to lack of food.
Shackelford is in the Alachua County jail on no bond.
- Gainesville Man Accused Of Child Abuse, Arrested
- Man Accused of Animal Abuse says "I'm not a bad guy"
- Man Wanted for Public Animal Abuse
- Man Arrested In Abuse Case
- Umatilla Man Arrested for Abuse
- Animal Abuse in Bradford County; Four Dogs left on Roadside
- Neighbors Claim Animal Abuse
- Abused Animals Set Second Chance At Auction
- Animal Abuse in Dixie County
- Man arrested after standoff in SW Gainesville