Local GIrl Goes to National Bible Bee
One girl in our area is creating quite a buzz--in a Bible Bee. It's the first year for the national competition which begins this Thursday in Washington D.C.
9-year-old Hope Lewellen won the local competition in her age group in September and is in the top 100 nationally in her group. Nearly 17,000 kids registered for the contest across the country.
A Bible Bee is like a spelling bee, only with bible verses. For the national competition, there will be a written test followed by oral challenges.
On Friday, there will be a live webcast from 1:30 to 5:15 to watch the finalists in action.
If Hope wins first place in her age group, she'll get $25,000.
- High Springs 5th Grader Heads To Bible Bee
- 10-Year-Old Colorado Girl Goes Missing
- Busy Bees (National Honey Bee Awareness Week)
- Bees Buzzing in North Central Florida for National Honeybee Day
- Santa Fe College Professor Goes Under Water with National Geographic
- Pesticide May Harm Bees
- New Rules for National Spelling Bee
- Young Spelling Bee Champion
- New Spelling Bee Champion
- Member of The Bee Gees loses battle with cancer