Local Sports Radio Station Hosts Charity Auction
ESPN radio hosts Chris Doering and Brady Ackerman brought their show to the atrium at Shands hospital. The former Gator football players held a radio auction to benefit Shands Children's Hospital at UF.
Autographed memorabilia and tickets were just some of the more than 80 items auctioned off during the 12-hour event. Last year, more than 8400 kids were cared for at the children's hospital. The money raised will help those who come in for transplants, cancer treatment, as well as premature babies.
"They need money in order to continue doing what they do and so that's why we've tried to pitch in this small way," said Doering. "By having the big names and auction items it only helps us raise more money."
- When Power Goes Out, So Does Weather Radio Signal
- Safer Radio for Sheriff's Deputies
- Free Programming of Weather Alert Radios
- Arkansas is Old Hat for Gator Radio Personality
- Heart to Heart Silent Auction
- Buyer Beware- Auction on Gainesville's Superfund Site
- Abused Animals Set Second Chance At Auction
- Drag Racing Auction
- Auction House Destroyed by Flames in Chiefland
- New Laws Too Late For North Central Florida Charity