Man Pulls Gun on Wife, Takes Friend Hostage
Levy County Sheriff's Deputies say he had a clean criminal history - until yesterday. He's now accused of shooting and killing, of all people, his new bride.
The couple was married for less than two weeks and lived together in a trailer in Rosewood. Now, that home has become a murder scene.
Capt. Evan Sullivan says 23-year-old Charles Duke shot and killed his wife, 22-year-old Felicia, Wednesday night. Duke's friend, 22-year-old Justin White, was staying at the home at the time of the shooting. Duke took him hostage for six hours in a mud bogging area in Levy County off County Road 337. Duke eventually surrendered to deputies - White was not harmed.
Sheriff's deputies are still trying to determine why Duke took White more than ten miles from his home.
"Apparently, the suspect and Mr. White when they were younger, would go to the mud bogging and they would take their four wheelers through the mud. That's the only thing we could figure out why he might have done this."
Duke was taken to the Levy County Jail where he is being held. He is being charged with the death of his wife and the kidnapping of White.
Felicia's funeral arrangements have been made. Her viewing will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Sunday at the Hiers and Baxley Funeral Home. Her funeral is set for Monday at 2 p.m. at the Cedar Key Cemetery.
- Levy Man kills Wife, Arrested After Standoff With Deputies
- Starke man murders wife, son sees everything
- Man Pulls Gun During Panhandling Dispute
- Husband Shoots Wife, Leaves Her For Dead
- Missouri Officer Kills Man Who Pulled Gun
- Woman pulls fake gun on drive-thru employee after not getting french fries
- Convicted Felon Arrested for Hitting Wife with Gun, Threatening to Kill Her
- Protestors Take Action After Man is Killed by Stun Gun
- Senior Citizen Kills Wife Before Taking His Own Life
- Gainesville Man Pulls Knife on Girlfriend and Her Alleged Lover