Marion County Holiday Helpers
For more than 10 years, Marion County Fire Rescue firefighters have helped meet the needs of families struggling to eat, stay warm and bring joy home during the holiday season.
As part of this annual effort, MCFR firefighters are asking the community to partner with their Holiday Helpers drive by donating clothing, toys or non-perishable food to underprivileged children this holiday season.
From now until Friday, Dec. 18, MCFR will collect toys, jackets and other warm clothing for children of all ages (newborn to teen) as well as non-perishable food, giving families hope for the holidays.
Firefighters can accept only new and unwrapped items for this toy and clothing drive.
Crews will pre-identify the most vulnerable families with help from local schools.
You can drop off items at MCFR Headquarters (2631 S.E. Third Street) or at 24 of the county’s 30 fire stations listed below.
Anthony Station 1
Orange Springs Station 13
Marion Oaks Station 24
Citra Station 2
Salt Springs Station 15
Weirsdale Station 27
East Marion Station 4
Shady Station 16
Rolling Greens Station 28
South Forest Station 6
Silver Springs Shores Station 17
Spruce Creek Station 30
Ft. McCoy Station 7
Belleview Station 18
Ray Lloyd, Jr. Station 31
Orange Lake Station 9
Sparr Station 19
Liberty Station 32
The Villages of Marion Station 10
Golden Ocala Station 20
North Marion Station 11
Friendship Station 21
Meadowood Farms Station 12
Rainbow Springs Station 22
MCFR’s Holiday Helpers toy, clothing and non-perishable food drive reaches hundreds of children and families each year.
- Marion County Homeless Children Receiving Assistance for the Holidays
- Bald eagles found dying at Marion County Landfill
- Marion County Jail Purchase Negotiations Delayed
- Donations for Charities Accpeted Until End of Month
- Firefighters Play Santa's Helper
- A Kennel Helper Accuses Owners Of Running A Puppy Mill
- E-Cigarette Ordinance in Marion County
- Employees Concerned About Munroe Regional Becoming a For-Profit Hospital
- Marion County Drug Bust
- Commission Explores Selling Jail