Ocala City Council Runoff Election
Political newcomer Suzy Heinbockel won Tuesday's runoff election for Ocala City Council.
In the race for the district one seat left open by the retiring Kyle Kay, Heinbockel defeated former City Councilman Mike Finn by 54 to 46 percent.
During the regular city election in October, Finn had the most votes in a three-way race, but did not manage to earn 50 percent of the vote.
Voter turnout was just under 11 percent.
- Poe vs. Skop - City Commission Run-Off Election Tuesday
- Ocala's New Fire Chief Meets City Council
- District Two Runoff Election
- Early Voting For Gainesville Runoff Election Begins Monday
- Runoff Needed in Gainesville City Commission Race
- City Council Wants Guns Banned at GOP Convention
- Small City Big Politics: Election Day in City of Alachua
- City Elections Could Be Cancelled
- City Elections
- Election Fraud Investigation In Lake City