Residents in Southeast Gainesville Vote "No" on Annexation
The unofficial results are back-- and the answer is no.
According to the Alachua County Supervisor of Elections website, residents who live just east of Gainesville do not want to become a part of the city.
Out of the over two thousand ballots mailed out, the elections board received just over seven hundred back. Over 93 percent of the residents living in the proposed annexation said no to the idea.
The annexation area included about 1,200 acres. Only residents in that area were able to vote.
- Residents Voted Not to be Annexed Into The City Of Gainesville
- Gainesville City Commissioners To Vote On Butler Plaza Annexation
- Gainesville residents to vote in City Election Tuesday
- Annexation Vote Deadline Nears
- Alachua County vote to not challenge City of Hawthorne's approval to annex land
- Annexation Referendum Gets Mixed Review From Alachua County Residents
- Hawthorne residents concerned about annexation of land
- Only Grocery Store in Southeast Gainesville To Close
- Prostitution Bust in Southeast Gainesville Leads to Four Arrests
- Southeast Gainesville Rape