Suspect in Custody After Orlando Shooting
A suspect is in custody after a mass shooting inside a downtown Orlando high-rise left one person dead and five others injured, according to Orlando police.
**Updated at 7:02 p.m.**
Police say 40-year-old Jason Rodriguez was arrested at his mother's home after he opened fire in a downtown Orlando office building.
Officials say Rodriguez entered the high rise building where he was fired two years ago. An eye witness said she and other employees huddled in a corner until police arrived.
Ambulances converged on the scene. Emergency responders began a floor-by-floor search for the gunman and the victims.
A nearby elementary school and a high school were placed on lock down, with police officers carrying high-powered rifles surrounding the buildings.
Police are still trying to determine a motive for the shooting. Reports indicate Rodriguez may have recently filed for bankruptcy.
- Second Suspect in Spanish Trace Shooting Now in Custody
- Robbery, Rape Suspect In Custody
- Dog Recovering After Abuse, Owners Relinquish Custody
- Friends: Shooting Suspect Struggled After Dad Died
- Boston Police: 3 More Suspects in Custody Bombings
- 23 Suspects Taken Into Custody And Charged In Connection To Organized Retail Theft
- Haitians in Custody after Failed Smuggling Attempt
- Police Looking for Second Suspect in Shooting at Spanish Trace Apartments
- Two Suspects Arrested in Connection to Belleview Shooting
- Columbia County shooting suspect on the loose