Suspect in Custody After Orlando Shooting
A suspect is in custody after a mass shooting inside a downtown Orlando high-rise left one person dead and five others injured, according to Orlando police.
**Updated at 7:02 p.m.**
Police say 40-year-old Jason Rodriguez was arrested at his mother's home after he opened fire in a downtown Orlando office building.
Officials say Rodriguez entered the high rise building where he was fired two years ago. An eye witness said she and other employees huddled in a corner until police arrived.
Ambulances converged on the scene. Emergency responders began a floor-by-floor search for the gunman and the victims.
A nearby elementary school and a high school were placed on lock down, with police officers carrying high-powered rifles surrounding the buildings.
Police are still trying to determine a motive for the shooting. Reports indicate Rodriguez may have recently filed for bankruptcy.
- Second Suspect in Spanish Trace Shooting Now in Custody
- Reaction to gun control discussion after Orlando shooting
- Outpouring of blood donations after Orlando shooting
- Police shoot suspect who opened fire outside Orlando club
- Robbery, Rape Suspect In Custody
- GPD: Sexual assault suspect in custody
- Dog Recovering After Abuse, Owners Relinquish Custody
- Gainesville blood donors support victims of Orlando shooting
- 50 dead in Orlando nightclub shooting, worst in U.S. history
- Emergency team explains how they identified victims in Orlando Shooting