Suspicious Person Forces Levy School Into Lockdown
At approximately 10:30 am Bronson Elementary School received information about a suspicious person on campus. The suspicious man was seen near the building 200 which is near the schools buses and he ran on foot. For the safety of students and faculty the school was placed on lock down for forty five minutes until they received the all clear from Sheriff's deputies.
The Levy County Sheriff's Office was on the scene within minutes of the call. A thorough search of the school, school property and immediate area was conducted with negative results. Deputies will continue to be on the lookout for any suspicious persons in the vicinity of the school and the school will remain in a heightened level of alert for the remainder of the school day as a precaution.
Description of suspicious person:
White Male, possibly in his mid 50's, 5'07", with salt & pepper hair and facial hair. He was last seen wearing a green or brown shirt and blue jeans.
- Escape Forces Lockdown
- School on Lockdown After Near Abduction
- Levy County Schools Already Preparing for New School Year
- Debby Forces Some School Closures for Wednesday
- Gainesville Charter School Forced to Close
- Back-To-School Fair Joins Forces With "Stop The Violence Rally"
- Correctional Institute on Lockdown After Officer Attacked
- Ocala Regional Lockdown
- School Bus Beatdown, Levy County Driver Fired
- Two Children Briefly Abducted From Levy County Elementary School