Three Arrested for Trying to Burglarize Home Under Construction
Three people are in police custody after Sheriff's deputies observed them trying to steal copper wire out of a partially constructed home. The attempted burglary occurred at around one o'clock Sunday morning near the intersection of County Road 240 and Itchetucknee Avenue in Columbia County.
Sheriff's deputies were already heavily patrolling the area near the home due to a previous string of reported burglaries. While checking up on a home under construction, a deputy observed a suspicious woman running out of the garage. Upon closer inspection, the deputy also saw a man attempting to hide inside the garage. Both suspects were detained without incident.
Upon further investigation, it was determined that 23-year-old Jennifer Porter of Fort White and 17-year-old Keith Greer of Lake City were trying to steal newly-installed copper wiring valued at $1,000 from the home. It was also revealed that Greer's father, 49-year-old Dwayne Greer, drove the two suspects to the construction site with instructions to steal the wiring.
All three suspects have since been arrested and are charged with burglary of a construction site, conspiracy to commit burglary and felony criminal mischief. Their bonds were set by a judge at $10,000.
- Home and Car Burglar Arrested on Numerous Charges
- Chiefland Construction Site Burglarized Again
- Three Men Arrested for Allegedly Cooking Meth Inside a Bronson Home
- Three Arrests Made for Citra Mobile Home Fires
- Four Arrested after Three Attempted Home Invasions
- FBI: Three Friends Tried to Keep Bombing Suspect from Getting Arrested
- Deputies: Three Stage Car Crash, Try To Claim Insurance Money
- Santa Fe River At Three Rivers Estates Under Flood Warning
- Deputies: Man Burglarizes Five Homes On His Own Street
- Police Say Gainesville Man Burglarized Home While Looking For Work