UF Business Students Get Advice from "Soleful" Entrepreneur
It's a business with soul... lots of soles, actually.
The creator of a growing shoe company was at UF today speaking to future entrepreneurs.
And he explains how he makes a profit and helps others pull themselves up by their bootstraps.
Many business students who attended a lecture by entrepreneur Blake Mycoskie had the same reaction: his business is inspirational.
Mycoskie is the creator of the company TOMS Shoes and for every pair of shoes sold, a pair is donated to a child in need all over the world.
Nearly 300,000 children will receive TOMS shoes by the end of the year.
Mycoskie says he hopes to donate a million next year.
- Santa Fe College Launching "Growing Entrepreneurs" Program
- GAIN Entrepreneur "Shoot Out"
- Three Entrepreneurs From Alachua County Named Most Successful
- UF Students to Get Film Expertise From Orlando University
- Sole For Souls Helps Those In Haiti
- "Rich Get Richer, Poor Get Poorer" in Gainesville
- Local Business Owner on ABC's "Shark Tank"
- Businesses Say "No More Prisons"
- Downtown Ocala Business Owners: Renovation Troubles are "Worth It"
- "Sweet" Business