Assistant State Attorney Arrested for DUI
One woman whose job is to put people behind bars... ended up there herself. Now her job is in jeopardy as a result.
Christine Stephens has worked at the State Attorney's Office since January, 2007.
She was arrested and charged with DUI, after police say she hit a car on University Avenue and then left the scene of the crash.
According to the police report, the driver of the other vehicle thought Stephens looked drunk, so she followed her while on the phone with police.
Stephens was finally pulled over near the Oaks Mall.... and officials say she refused to take a field sobriety test or a Breathalyzer.
State Attorney Bill Cervone says Stephens has been suspended and will remain suspended until he receives the full report from the Gainesville Police Department.
Christine Stephens is now out of jail.
- Gainesville Assistant City Attorney Arrested on Burglary, Prowling Charges
- Police Investigate Assistant State Attorney After Video Voyeurism Allegations
- Assistant City Attorney Taking Personal Leave
- Police Chief Arrested for DUI
- Deputy Arrested, Charged With DUI
- Marion County Woman Arrested for DUI with Three Kids in Car
- Two DUI Arrests With Children in the Car
- New Video of Mayor Lowe's DUI Arrest Raises Questions of Preferential Treatment
- Dash Cam Video Released from Mayor Craig Lowe's DUI Arrest
- What's the Next Step for Mayor Lowe Following His DUI Arrest?