Community Leader Honored with Sports Complex
He's remembered as a male community leader who brought equal opportunities to young girls.
It started with him wanting to create a girls club for his two daughters... and has helped hundreds of girls since.
Thursday, the sports complex at "Girls Place" was dedicated to his memory.
C.B. Daniel passed away last year, but he was honored today with the dedication of the sports complex at "Girls Place."
The facility opened in 1987 and it was the first girls club in Alachua County.
Over 70 girls are now involved in the program during the school year.
- Friends, Family, and Colleagues Gather To Honor Community Leader at Retirement Party
- Santa Fe honors women leaders in community
- Honoring An Educational Leader
- Local Leader Called Driving Force Behind Community Center Opening
- NAACP Awards Banquet Recognizes Community Leaders
- Community Leaders Call for Peace in Wake of Racially-Charged Violence
- Community Pays Homage To Legendary Leader With Building Dedication
- Instead of Jail, Some Leaders Want Community Service
- Gainesville community mourning loss of swimming coach, leader
- Community Leader Killed In Car Wreck