Dec. 7, Pearl Harbor Day
President Franklin D. Roosevelt called it "the day which will live in infamy." December 7th, 1941--the devastating Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor.
World War II veterans and other observers gathered yesterday at Veterans Memorial Park in Gainesville to honor the 68th anniversary of that historic day.
The attack on Pearl Harbor killed more than 2,400 people, most of them military personnel.
Today, we remember their sacrifices to this country.
- Gainesville Veterans Honor Pearl Harbor Hero
- Pearl Harbor Remembered
- Remembering Pearl Harbor
- Close to 50 Survivors Attend Pearl Harbor Ceremony
- Top Alachua County DEC Leaders Resign
- Dead Whale in Boston Harbor
- Students Kick Off Veterans Day Festivities One Day Early
- Cold Case File: Pearl Bartley
- Memorial Day Weekend Picnic
- Spending Father's Day Protecting Their Country