Former Sheriff's Employee Is Active KKK Member
An internal affairs report released on Wednesday states that former Alachua County Sheriff's Office, Detention Officer Wayne Kerschner is an active member of the Ku Klux Klan.
Sheriff Sadie Darnell released a statement on Wednesday evening about Kerschner's involvement in the KKK saying:
"THIS IS A SERIOUS VIOLATION AND THE TERMINATION IS WARRANTED.
INDIVIDUALS WITH THIS IDEOLOGY SHOULD NOT BE IN PUBLIC SAFETY."
- Former Marion County Sheriff's deputy killed in crash
- KKK member appears in court
- Hacker group names Ocala mayor KKK member
- Alzhemier's Bracelet Programs Keep Track of Elderly
- Lt. Jack Jacobs enters sheriff's race
- Deputies: string of burglaries span four counties
- Former MCSO deputy arrested again
- Former Marion County deputy accused of beating up a suspect found not guilty
- Former Employees Of Citizen's Co-op Protest For The Second Day In A Row
- A Grand Jury Says Former Columbia County Sheriff's Employees Commit Grand Theft