Hawthorne Bank Bomber May Strike Again
Deputies say they have reason to believe a man who's robbed two North Central Florida banks in past week and left behind what turned out to be fake bombs; will strike again.
This photo was taken on the morning of December 28th in a Crescent City Bank. Deputies say hours before the same man robbed an M&S Bank in Hawthorne and left a suspicious device behind.
Officials say they think the man may have intended to rob the Crescent City Bank but got cold feet and moved on to Hawthorne instead.
Art Fogery of Alachua County Sheriff's Office said, "based on the pattern that we believe that he possibly did the one in Starke and there's no reason to doubt that he won't try to do something again". Deputies passed fliers out to are banks with three photos of their suspect - one from each robbery.
- Protestors Picket Again at Hawthorne Medical Center
- Bank Teller Accused of Helping Steal Money From Bank Customer
- Zimmerman Trial: Judge Strikes Detective Statements
- U.S. Supreme Court Strikes Down Key Section of Voting Rights Act
- Construction Worker Dies After Lightning Strike
- Semi-Truck Strikes, Kills Pedestrian On I-75
- A Known Crime Ring Strikes in Gainesville
- Ninja Robber Strikes in Ocala
- "Strike Out Hunger" Food Drives Wraps Up
- Lightning Strikes Ocala Home