It's been two years since an accident left a Gainesville woman wheelchair-bound, in a home that's anything but wheelchair accessible. Saturday afternoon volunteers from throughout the community came together to give her a fresh start.
The goal of this home makeover...to transform Marcia Velasco's home. In its current state, she needs her husbands assistance for everyday tasks. Marcia isn't even able to leave the house on her own. One of the first home improvements to be completed is to build a ramp.
"The main thing for me is the ramp that they are building with railings so I can go down without any help."
The wheelchair ramp is just the beginning. The Rebuilding Together team will also construct a Wheelchair Accessible bathroom, kitchen, and widen doorways for easier access.
- Extreme Home Makeover: Tear Down That Home!
- Deadline for Extreme Home Makeover: Home Edition
- Builder Pep Rally: Extreme Makeover Home Edition
- "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" Chooses Gainesville Family
- Extreme Home Makeover: Demolition Update
- Extreme Home Makeover: They Gotta Eat
- Public Gets First Glimpse of Home Makeover Project
- No Weather Worries at Home Makeover Work Site
- Extreme Home Makeover Rally
- EXTREME HOME MAKEOVER UPDATE