Local Businesses on the Lookout for Counterfeit Bills
Police say it's a growing problem-- and now there's been yet another counterfeit money sighting in North Central Florida.
Earlier this week, fake 100 dollar bills were used at the Oaks Mall in Gainesville. Now police say a man tried to use a fake 20 in Alachua.
Fake money isn't necessarily easy to spot, but there are some things to look out for.
TV-20's Josh Rosenthal has the story. Watch the video to the right for more.
- Three Arrested for Counterfeiting Dollar Bills
- Woman Caught Using Counterfeit Bills In Gainesville
- Counterfeit Bills On The Rise In Alachua County
- Counterfeit Drugs Are Big Business
- Law Enforcement on the Lookout for Person Responsible for Setting Squad Cars on Fire
- Police on Lookout for Campus Flasher
- Counterfeit Money At Oaks Mall
- Major Counterfeit Bust in Gainesville
- Ocala Police Looking for Counterfeiter
- Two Arrested for Using Counterfeit Credit Cards