Ocala Man Fights Back Against Home Invaders
It was a botched home invasion that ended with one man dead. And it wasn't the homeowner.
Now a second man is on the run.
62-year-old Gary Wroblewski of Ocala says he had no choice but to defend himself.
He's a paraplegic and when he heard knocking on his door Monday night, he says he had a bad feeling and grabbed his gun just in case.
When Wroblewski opened the door, a second suspect, who'd been hiding beside the house, knocked Wroblewski out of his wheel chair.
Wroblewski fired his gun four times... killing the masked second suspect, 24-year-old Jeffrey Alan Kenney... a man who was arrested in October for grand theft and attacking a police officer.
Kenny's accomplice last night, the man who knocked at the door, got away.
Late Tuesday afternoon, sheriff's deputies caught the other suspect, Ruben Gonzalez.
He was charged with Felony Murder and booked in the Marion County Jail.
- U.F. Faculty Senate Fights Back Against Budget Cuts
- More People Are Fighting Back Against High Gas Prices By Taking The Bus
- Protesters Line Up in Front of Walmart to Fight Back Against "Union-Busting Tactics"
- Fighting Back Against Invasive Speicies
- Home Invader Shot to Death After Forcing Way into Ex-Girlfriend's Home
- Three Suspects Invade Home and Beat Victim with Shotgun
- Two People Shot, Two Homes Invaded
- Home Invader Still at Large
- Ocala Man Kills Self, Sets Home and Barn on Fire
- Ocala Man Murdered, Body Found Inside Home