Ride 2 Recovery Comes Through Gainesville
Hundreds of people are making their way around Florida this week on their bikes and today they came through Gainesville. But they aren't your typical bicyclists.. many of them are wounded veterans riding special bikes.
This is the first annual Ride 2 Recovery Florida Challenge, an organization that puts several bicycle rides together around the country every year. Their sole purpose is to provide injured veterans a new outlook on life. It gives them the opportunity to focus on their abilities.. not disabilities.
Several veterans participating are without an arm or a leg or have burn scars on their face and body. Some have two prosthetic legs. The Ride 2 Recovery program helps provide bikes, technical equipment, clinics, and outings for wounded warriors and vets.
The 350 mile, six day ride through Florida began in Tampa on Saturday morning. It will end on Friday in Jacksonville.
- New App For Getting a Ride Could Be Coming to Gainesville
- Man Rides Wheelchair Through Sunshine State
- Still A Long Recovery For One Gainesville Man
- Fire at Wood Resource Recovery Site Limits Visibility in Northwest Gainesville
- "Gear Up Florida" Pedals Through Gainesville
- Gainesville Man Arrested For Luring Woman Through Craigslist Ad
- "Layaway Angels" Flying Through Gainesville
- Gainesville Children's Theatre, Singing Their Way Through The Community
- Gatornationals comes to Gainesville
- "Maddie's Pet Adoption Days" Comes to Gainesville