Sheriff's Office Warns of Gang Hoax
A threat of gang violence is being spread on the internet and through text messages, according to the Alachua County Sheriff's Office.
Sheriff's officials say it is a hoax.
The message warns people to avoid stopping if they see a baby car seat along the road. It says that if you stop, you will be attacked by a gang.
However, the sheriff's office says all indications prove that it is a hoax.
- Bomb threat at Kanapaha Middle School deemed hoax
- Deputies: string of burglaries span four counties
- Alzhemier's Bracelet Programs Keep Track of Elderly
- Last Known Coordinates For Missing Plane Identified
- Lt. Jack Jacobs enters sheriff's race
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Commissioners want less drug possession arrests, cut sheriff's budget
- EOG staff leaning in Darnell's favor
- Billy Woods sworn in as Marion County's 35th Sheriff
- Newest 'Paws On Parole' Class Looking For New Homes