Workers Demand their Paychecks
Former employees at one Hawthorne Medical Center are asking where their paychecks are after not receiving them for weeks.
Several former workers claim they haven't been paid, but their boss says she's waiting on Medicare and private insurance payments to be cleared.
Once that happens, Pat McCullough, the center's owner, says she will write employees their checks. One worker says she can't wait -- she has a family to care for.
"My message is we worked for that money. We have families to take care of. Do whatever you need to do to pay your employees," says Leah Chapman.
Pat McCullough said, "I feel very upset for them. I'm upset for all my employees, and we're working very hard here to bring in the money, and we call Medicare every day. We got the Department of Labor calling 'em. We've contacted the Congressman; we're hoping they'll contact the Medicare as well."
McCullough hopes to receive the payments anywhere from two to five days.
- Paychecks for Patriots Event
- Man Steals iPhone, Demands Ransom from Owner
- Gun Permits, Food Stamps in Demand
- Allegations of racism at Gainesville gas station. Now family demands justice
- Local Educators Voice Demands For More School Funding in a
- GRU Breaks Electricity Demand Record
- Undocumented Students Demand In-State Tuition At UF
- Winter Clothing in High Demand
- High Springs Issues Response to PBA Demands
- Small Business Owner Struggles To Find Workers