Alachua County Jail Employee Resigns
Deputies said an Alachua County jail employee admitted to engaging in sexual acts with a number of prostitutes.
Deputies said Bobby Pertee, of Gainesville, will no longer be working as a criminal justice technician at the Alachua County Jail.
"His credibility was so damaged at this particular agency that he could no longer be employed in any capacity," Lt. Steve Maynard said.
According to internal affairs documents, current jail inmate Cassidey Dudley told jail officials in November that Pertee had paid her for oral sex outside the jail several times dating back as far as 2006.
After an investigation, deputies said at least two other women came forward and accused Pertee of the same thing.
Investigators said he would drive throughout southwest Gainesville in his yellow mustang, and he would pay them up to 60 dollars.
Deputies said Pertee would have been fired, but he was allowed to resign first.
"The bottom line is that if somebody here at the Alachua County Sheriff's Office makes a poor decision or a poor choice, they stand a very high chance of getting discovered and they're going to pay the price for it," Maynard said.
Recently, two other jail employees also landed in hot water. Deputies said one was a kkk member and was fired. Another is accused of getting into a physical altercation with a Burger King manager, and the investigation is ongoing.
According to officials though, part of the reason the incidents have been uncovered is because of proactive policies. That includes a team of five full-time, seasoned investigators, whose sole job it is to monitor the actions of other Alachua County Sheriff's Office employees.
While Pertee lost his job, deputies said he won't be facing criminal charges. They said an admission of guilt alone - without other hard evidence - just isn't enough.
- Director Of Alachua County Jail Resigns
- Four Employees "Locked Out" of Alachua County Jail
- Top Alachua County DEC Leaders Resign
- Alachua County Manager Randall Reid Officially Resigns
- Alachua County Employees Will See Pay Raise to "Restore" Pension Contribution
- Alachua County Employees Say Biomass Plant Is Negatively Affecting Their Health
- Alachua County Man in Jail After Firing Shots at Wife's Boyfriend
- Alachua County Jail Rape Case Settled Out of Court
- Expanding the Alachua County Jail
- Alachua County Jail Confirms First Swine Flu Case