Death toll stands at 51 in Moore, OK. Medical examiner told to expect at least 40 more bodies...20 of them children.
All Four People Confirmed Dead on Plane Leaving from Gainesville
A plane leaving from Gainesville heading to Ohio crashed just outside Cleveland Monday afternoon. All four people on board the plane have been confirmed dead. Two Gainesville residents were flying the parents of an Alachua County businessman back to their Ohio home.
Wesley Roemer, from Keystone Heights, was the pilot and John Mengelson of Florahome was chief mechanic and co-pilot on the flight. The passengers were Donald and Shirley Brown, the parents of Kenn Air owner Kenneth Brown.
The plane took off from the Gainesville Regional Airport at 11 A.M. and the flight logs indicate it had an uneventful flight until the approach to Lorain County Airport, just west of Cleveland.
Witnesses say the plane approached low with one wing down, barely missing a fence, and then crashing nose down into an airport field before cartwheeling to a stop.
Witnesses also state that there was poor visibility at the airport.
- Two Planes Crash In Williston; Three People Dead
- 3 Dead After Plane Crashes In Northeast Gainesville
- Plane Departs from Gainesville, Crashes in Everglades
- Four Cases of Swine Flu Confirmed at Dixie County High School
- Four Cases of Meningitis in Florida... All in Marion County
- More than 50,000 Dead People on Florida Voters List
- Two People Dead After A Crash On I-75
- Two People Found Dead In Ocala Apartment
- One Dead in Plane Crash
- Deadly Plane Crash in Marion County