Death toll stands at 51 in Moore, OK. Medical examiner told to expect at least 40 more bodies...20 of them children.
Columbia County Sheriff Year in Review
It has been more than a year since the citizens of Columbia County elected Sheriff Mark Hunter in to office. In many areas he has seen progress but not all. In the first six months Sheriff Hunter says crime has decreased by fourteen percent and more cases are being solved. But not everything has gone as plan such as the upgrade of the new 911 system which is taking more time than expected. The Sheriff said, "I'm so proud of them and I look forward to the future and I don't think there will be anything we won't be able to overcome as a sheriff's office." In the future, the Sheriff hopes to open a staffed office in Fort White to address population growth.
- Columbia County Sheriff's Position Up For Grabs
- Columbia County Sheriff Doing Just Fine, Despite Rumors
- Columbia County Sheriff's Employee Accused Of Stealing $100,000
- A Grand Jury Says Former Columbia County Sheriff's Employees Commit Grand Theft
- Marion County Sheriff's Citizens Academy Back After 12 Years
- A Year in Review 2010
- County Commision's Informal Meetings Under Review
- Absentee Voters Left Waiting as County Reviews Signatures
- Annexation Referendum Gets Mixed Review From Alachua County Residents
- Alachua County Sheriff Asks County Commission For More Money