Community Agency Weatherizes Homes
With the recent cold weather blanketing North Central Florida, for some residents, blankets are the only way some people can keep warm-- because many of them are living without heat.
And that's where the Central Florida Community Action Agency steps in...
Officials say the program recently received federal stimulus money... which allows it to help nearly 100 homes in Alachua, Marion and Levy counties... compared to the 40 it used to help.
The program also partners with GRU to help lower the energy bill in some homes.
GRU just received over $500,000 in in federal energy-efficiency grants... doubling the number of home upgrades it makes this year.
To get more information on the program and how you can qualify... call 352-732-3008 for Marion County... 352-493-1732 for Levy County... or 352-373-7667 for Alachua County.
- County Commission Votes in Favor of Budget Cuts to Community Agency Partnership Program
- A Community Helps Rebuild a Army Sergeant's Home
- No Weather Worries at Home Makeover Work Site
- Local Law Enforcement Agencies Check on Sex Offenders
- Law Enforcement Agencies Look to Improve Pedestrian Safety
- Alachua County Approves CAPP Agencies Funding
- Job Agency Moves From Bronson to Chiefland
- Federal Agency Spending Is Questioned
- US Anti-Doping Agency Charges Armstrong
- Fla. State Agency Evacuated Due to Letter